The Marine Transport Workers’ Trade Union of Ukraine constantly and consistently conducts an active work aimed at developing social dialogue with the central executive authorities and employers.
Guided by the provisions of the Law of Ukraine “On Social Dialogue in Ukraine”, the Union initiated the establishment of the Joint Representative Body of representative trade unions that operate at enterprises, organizations and institutions of maritime transport, to conduct social dialogue at the sectoral level.
The Sectoral Agreement was and remains the most effective form of social dialogue at the industrial level, and its norms and provisions are implemented through the mechanism of collective agreements at enterprises, organizations and institutions of maritime transport.
The MTWTU representatives at different times were delegated to:
- Sectoral Tripartite Socio-Economic Council of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine;
- Expert Council under the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine;
- Public Council under the State Labour Service of Ukraine;
- Civil Society Platform for Ukraine – EU;
- Bilateral Socio-Economic Council for maritime transport industry;
- Investment Expert Working Group under the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine for enhancing the legislation;
- Expert Working Group at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine in the field of maritime transport;
- Licensing Commission of mediation in employment abroad;
- Working Group of the Trade Unions Party on development and coordination of the General Agreement.
Within the framework of social dialogue, the MTWTU Chairman Michael Kirieiev participated in the work of the Collegium and in the meetings of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine.
Fulfilling the norms of the Sectoral Agreement on social dialogue, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine coordinates the drafts of its orders with the Union, as well as the orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine regarding the maritime industry activities.
In order to address the issues of social and labor relations, as well as collective and contractual regulation of relations between employers and employees of enterprises, the MTWTU conducts social dialogue with central executive authorities, local governments and employers by sending letters and appeals, holding consultations. The Law of Ukraine “On Social Dialogue in Ukraine” opened the opportunity to address emerging issues at various levels of social dialogue.
For the duration of the Industry Agreement, the Parties established a joint working commission of representatives of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine, the Federation of Transport Employers of Ukraine and the Joint Representative Body of Trade Unions for negotiating changes and additions to the Sectoral Agreement for maritime transport for 2013-2015, monitoring and summarizing its implementation. According to the Protocol №7 of the commission meeting, the Sectoral Agreement was extended for 2016-2018.